Business Continuity Analyst - Randstad Technologies (Salem, Oregon)
Actively seeking a Business Continuity Analyst who will be responsible for analyzing, documenting, and integrating IT and State Agency business continuity plans, instructions, and recovery recipes in preparation for an Agency disaster event.
The position has a strong emphasis on documenting business continuity and extractions from process analysis. The successful candidate will work closely with Section Information Technology and other Agency business partners within the Agency, including Emergency Preparedness team and System Administration teams within the Agency.
Membership in the Business Continuity Institute or Disaster Recovery Institute or ABCP,CFCP,CBCP, or MBCP, certification is highly preferred.
The BCP Analyst will analyze and develop comprehensive and detailed business continuity plans (BCP), business disruption and disaster recovery plans (DRP) according to specified requirements. Performs in-depth threat/risk analysis and creates reports detailing results of research and investigations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop business continuity and disaster recovery plans, instructions, and recovery recipes for interdependent critical I.T. systems.
2. Integrate central services and multiple agency section BCPs
3. Identify potential BCP risks and their mitigation.
4. Define business continuity plan governance program maintenance schedule.
5. Assist in providing training and awareness to others of the benefits of disaster preparedness.
- System analytics
- Knowledge of threat/risk analysis procedures;
- Experience in the creation of technical and users documentation; BCPs
- Experience with distributed and complex networks (WAN/LAN, Internet/Intranet);
- Knowledge and experience in preparing training materials and delivery of same to various to staff;
- Awareness of emerging IT trends and directions;
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent team player with a track record for meeting deadlines.
The Business Continuity Consultant will assist the Business Continuity Management (BCM) Team with a number of activities, including:
- Developing and documenting our BCM capability to auditable standards, and in alignment with, the ITIL risk management framework and recognised BCM standards.
- Developing and implementing our business continuity, physical security and health & safety (Corporate Security) critical suppliers due diligence processes
- Working with business areas to improve and update BIAs and BCPs
- Supporting BCM governance planning and exercises where required
Candidates must have:
- Five (5) years previous work experience performing Business Continuity Planning or Threat/Risk analysis preferably in a government setting.
- Experience working in a Business Continuity Management team of a large organisation
- Recent and practical experience of business continuity and risk framework audits
- Recent and practical experience of developing supplier assessments and conducting evaluations of business continuity capabilities
- Practical working experience of conducting Business Impact Analysis and developing Business Continuity Plans
- Practical working experience of planning business continuity exercises, including incident response
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to develop processes and documentation from complex and multiple sources
• Post ID: 8312830 salem