Education Coordinator-7775 - Salem Hospital (Salem, OR)
Join the Salem Health Staff Education Department as an Education Coordinator!
Salem Health is seeking an experienced and talented Education Coordinator who will provide superior customer service and thrive in a high performing work environment! We are proud of our highly skilled team. If you want to be part of an award winning organization and join a team who is rigorously committed to excellence, we're interested in hearing from you!
In support of the organization's Mission to improve the health and well-being of the people and community we serve, the Education Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and supporting multiple educational offerings and services. The Coordinator secures teachers or facilitators for programs, develops program budgets, purchases or ensures adequate supplies and creates or reviews curriculum. The coordinator also measures the success of the program on a regular basis, making changes when necessary to improve its quality. This position oversees the professional student placement process and will be the lead position for Staff Education communication and the department website.
General responsibilities include:
- Coordinates a variety of programs including but not limited to: APEX (Acknowledging Professional Excellence), Salem Health Orientation, SHLA (Salem Health Leadership Academy), Specialty Certification Preparation, ProACT, CEGR (Clinical Excellence Grand Rounds) and Professional Conferences/Workshops.
- Leads coordination of AHA (American Heart Association), NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program) and ENA (Emergency Nurses Association) clinical courses by securing instructors and performing duties that require skills beyond the support staff level.
- Ensures any needed contracts are reviewed and signed by Education Services Director.
- Secures teachers, instructors, or facilitators if needed for the programs. Ensures these people will be adequate in the role and takes responsibility that they are oriented to their role.
- Ensures adequate marketing or advertising plan is developed and implemented for assigned programs. Serves in lead role for partnering with organization web developer on design and maintenance of department website.
- Coordinates program schedule and content-facilitates any needed changes.
- Identifies the need for new content based on customer and student input.
- Works with Education Analyst to track and trend metrics and outcomes related to the programs.
- Prepares program budgets.
- Serves as the point person for receiving professional student placement requests. Monitors the Career Exploration Program database and retrieves information.
- Works with organization leaders to successfully place students in the organization.
- Develops and adheres to an organized process to on-board and orient professional students.
- In collaboration with Education Analyst identifies data and measurable outcomes of the professional student placement process and regularly provides reports about professional student placement to the Staff Education Department and Professional Development Council.
- Identifies communication and orientation needs of affiliated colleges and universities and internal leaders, preceptors and staff.
Core demonstrated strengths that support our values:
- Service: A drive to be of service to others
- Ethics: A clear understanding of right & wrong that guides actions
- Responsibility: A need to assume personal accountability for work
- Problem-solving: An ability to think things through with incomplete data
- Empathy: Understanding the point of view and feelings of others
- Team: Engages in mutually supportive relationships
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Excellent organizational skills, superior customer service skills and the willingness and ability to function as part of a high performing work team.
* Proficient computer skills including use of Powerpoint and working with graphics.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed with good organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Experience coordinating complex tasks.
- Independent problem solving, organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to change scheduled hours or adapt shift length to meet program needs as they arise.
The successful candidate will at a minimum have:
* An Associates degree; Bachelors degree preferred (course work in education, communications or related field desirable); AND
* A minimum of three (3) years experience in a position with a high degree of public relations and customer service required.
Preference may be given to candidates with:
* Recent healthcare experience;
* Experience working with databases; and
* Project Management experience
INTERESTED? Apply online today at: www.salemhospital.org. Salem Hospital is an EEO Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Preference may be given to bi-lingual/bi-cultural candidates.
In order to be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Without this information, candidates cannot be considered for positions to which they may be qualified.
Upon date of hire, applicants will be required to complete the U.S. Department Homeland Security's I-9 form confirming authorization to work in the United States. Salem Hospital is not able to support VISA sponsorships.
• Post ID: 8260160 salem